Hi Guys, I'm looking at the options of leveling the garden and was considering, decking with artificial turf on top.  I've looked at easigrass but now trying to decide on the most cost effective boards to use, decking is about £14 per square meter, I've also priced marine ply but the only thing that seems cheaper is OSB but not confident I'll get much life out of it with the amount of rain we have.  Any advice or knowledge on suitable base boards?

Before.jpeg

A small dry build retaining wall with the  hole backfilled with stone and wacked flat and then bed with sharp sand and lay whatever type of paving brick/ slab that takes your fancy.

Edited by Declan52

How long will AstroTurf on decking last? We laid AstroTurf on sand in our last house but spend a long time on the prep and this is it after circa 15 years. 

5B460FDA-E6D7-47E3-85B6-76282710260A.jpeg

Thanks for your response everybody, the garden in picture is a friend who's asked me to level it and astroturf but as it's 8m x8m with a 1m slope, the cost of a retaining wall and fill material was too much for him as we still had to add astroturf.  To put it in perspective for him I've asked him to get 2 quotes from landscape gardeners and I'm expecting it to be £4000 - £5000.  I've already replaced his fence (see picture). 

After.jpg

We did ours ourself. Was quite a bit of work to get the prep right but it was worth the investment in time as after 15 years it still looked good, and as far as I know still probably looks good. 

34 minutes ago, David Chapman said:

Thanks for your response everybody, the garden in picture is a friend who's asked me to level it and astroturf but as it's 8m x8m with a 1m slope, the cost of a retaining wall and fill material was too much for him as we still had to add astroturf.  To put it in perspective for him I've asked him to get 2 quotes from landscape gardeners and I'm expecting it to be £4000 - £5000.  I've already replaced his fence (see picture). 

After.jpg

A dry retaining wall requires no concrete so is much cheaper.

Only other thing is use some concrete block  to set fence posts on and then build your decking of these. The blocks will need to be bedded in concrete to stop them sinking.