Atag Boilers

Has anyone come across Atag boilers before..? 

Looking at options at the moment on a few things, and been offered an Atag A200S system boiler at a rather ridiculous price (or I think so..)

They have 5 year warranty but seem to be a commercial unit even though they have a Sedbuk A rating.

The only references I can find are commercial ones so any assistance appreciated !

Dutch company, good reputation in the Netherlands. Generally low prices, PlumbCenter seems to be one of their main outlets in UK. Used to only supply to a GasSafe registered engineers, not sure if this is still the case. Add in all the extras (flues, controllers etc) to give you real price as these are not included and can bump the price up considerably.

The A range, launched in 2008 now superseded by IS range (c.2014/15). Check warranty!

Thanks !

Reading up, the A series ones have been retained for commercial and flats etc as they can use combined flues which are uncommon in the UK. 

5 year warranty apparently so will see ! 

• 2 weeks later...

With the big players offering up to 10 I'd be reconsidering tbh. 

If it's the backbone of the installation then it's going to make sense to buy once with a unit which should give you 20+ years of service. Also, I'd want to be able to be near guaranteed for a like for like swap later down the line, rather than one which may slip off the radar / become 'parts obsolete'. Baxi / Vaullant etc aren't likely to be going anywhere soon ;) 

In 23 years of doing this I've never seen or heard of them. Says a lot tbh. How long have they been est ?

They have a good reputation but I have never had my hands in one to confirm this. Agree with nick on years down the line parts may become more of a issue that the main players which would be a major factor for me. As for warranty some manufacturers just don't have the coverage in my area (aberdeenshire) for next day repair so maybe worth checking this out as well. 

I had a ATAG combi fiited in the house we are living in whilst having our house refurbished. They were recommended  strongly in a gas boiler thread on another forum.

Had no trouble with it in the last 2 years and the 10 year guarantee is promising - it seems to be built like a tank. I am not a fan of combi boilers and find the Sunamp PVs in the other house much faster in delivering a consistent hot water supply to the taps.

• Like 2