Budget manifold hot water distribution

ProDave

I thought I would post my own take on a manifold hot water distribution system.

Requirements:  To provide a central distribution and isolation point for hot (and cold) water distribution. To minimise pipe length to hot taps. To minimise pipe usage and be as cheap as possible.

The location proved interesting. There is no central cupboard to locate such a thing without making the hot pipe runs longer. So I put it under the floor.  It is above the utility room, so when the ceiling is boarded a small "loft hatch" will be made that can be lifted out to gain access to the manifold. This would not have been acceptable had it been any other room.

This is what I came up with:

HW_manifod.thumb.jpg.18955970cee6da0860104edae05bf86e.jpg

All just standard soldered fittings and ball valves.

This feeds the bath and shower in the main bathroom. The basin and shower in the en-suite will be added later when that room is done.  The basin in the main bathroom is on the wall backing onto the HW tank so gets a more direct feed straight from there with it's isolation points inside the vanity unit.

The compression tee is the "I forgot that" hot water feed to the utility room (which will have it's isolator in the unit under it) and I decided it was a little busy there to solder more joints in situ.

The kitchen will also have it's own feed from the HW tank as that will run in the opposite direction to all other HW points.

Not as pretty as a bought "proper" manifold, but a damned site cheaper.

• Like 2