Damage to airtightness seal around window

Shell820810

Because of BREXIT, you are now allowed to hang, draw and quarter the Tiler. Think of all those wonderful old practices we can bring back. Can anyone think of something suitable for Plumbers?

One has to question why, when we've had an air tightness requirement in building regs for many years now, a tiler decides it's OK to remove the sealing tape?

I mean, surely to goodness this won't have been the first time he's seen the stuff, it's been in common use for around a decade now.

A fix with flexible sealant is probably OK, but that's not really the point, is it?

Very frustrating Jeremy. I never even considered I would have to mention it. I told the painters to be careful when removing their own tape from the windows but why someone would just rip it off?

What depth would I need to leave for grout?

I agree, grout always tends to crack when joining different materials, best use a flexible sealant. I was very impressed by the other thread with a u tube video on how good ct1 was ( and nicks comment on the white one going yellow).

1 hour ago, JSHarris said:

Probably not if you opt to use a sealant that's a dark shade, like the window frame.  I doubt very much that a 5mm bead of dark sealant would really show at all, it it's done neatly.

Also dark sealer does not show dirt etc like white or light colours do :)