Bespoke shower door and panels

kaba

Hello, 

We're looking for a company preferably in Scotland that will make a hinged shower door with panels either side, one of which needs to be angled at the top for an alcove. Prices so far seem to be from £1400 upwards.The Bathroom is not a wetroom  so we're not sure if we'll get away with a door that has no seal at the bottom (the shower tray is low). The shower itself is a rainshower in the centre of the 1400 base, and an extra handheld spray. Any advice welcome!

TO find a custom maker, try EBay. You will need to do a bit of due-dil but there are good companies on there.

However, personally I would hinge the door off the wall as suggested. I would also make it at most 1.842m high to avoid having to flap around with chopped off corners .. I think 6 ft high is plenty ... works fine in my alcove shower with a gap across the top.

Personally though I would leave the 2nd panel off altogether and have a single fixed panel (800mm wide maybe) and an overhead brace, walking in around the side, or a single door and a gap.

But I hate moving parts in shower enclosures as they get horribly skanky and sometimes wear out or break.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 2

You can get sealing strips to go on the bottom of the door. In our experience they last a few years but have to be replaced. Likewise at the hinge. We still get some water escape but it less than what drips off you when you get out of the shower. Fair bit runs off the door as it opens outwards.

We have had issues with steam causing the ceiling paint to blister off despite having a gap above the shower screen and door for it to escape. Recommend using Zinsser waterproof paints.