Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone got any tips on attaching the individual door stops to the linings? 

 

I've got the doors hung, the linings are all filled and sanded ready for paint but I've got to get the stops on first. 

 

As I'm painting the frames (not the doors) should I be leaving like 2mm all round to accommodate that additional thickness, and should that be more like 3mm at the hinge side? Planning on Zinsser BIN then my topcoat.

Posted

I used an old credit / debit card, cut up into 4 pieces and masking taped to the door along the handle / latch side as a spacer between the closed door and stop. Then same on the header and hinge side, though a slightly larger gap is fine.

I would paint one first and pin lightly to establish the gap required, too much gap they can rattle.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...