sansserif Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago My timber frame project needs a fire engineer for a couple of items: 1. Timber frame fire mitigation report, as the building is near another property. 2. Assistance ensuring an open plan layout with inner rooms can comply with building regs. I've was speaking with a few well established firms, but recently I'm having an awful time getting anyone to actually provide a quote -- So far I'm waiting 3-4 weeks to get a response to emails, which makes me worry that even if I get quotes through, the work won't actually get done during my lifetime. Can anyone recommend fire engineering firms for this sort of work who might not be useless at communicating?
Nickfromwales Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 15 minutes ago, sansserif said: My timber frame project needs a fire engineer for a couple of items: 1. Timber frame fire mitigation report, as the building is near another property. 2. Assistance ensuring an open plan layout with inner rooms can comply with building regs. I've was speaking with a few well established firms, but recently I'm having an awful time getting anyone to actually provide a quote -- So far I'm waiting 3-4 weeks to get a response to emails, which makes me worry that even if I get quotes through, the work won't actually get done during my lifetime. Can anyone recommend fire engineering firms for this sort of work who might not be useless at communicating? Have you asked your PD?
sansserif Posted 7 hours ago Author Posted 7 hours ago 1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said: Have you asked your PD? Yes, and we're struggling to get a response from his go-to firm as well (and as a bonus they're likely to very expensive if we ever get a quote through)
-rick- Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago Since Grenfell the demand for fire safety work has skyrocketed and AFAIK there is a huge shortage of qualified people to do it. Bit of a shit situation all round. Sorry, I know that doesn't really help solve your problem.
SteamyTea Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago 2 hours ago, sansserif said: fire engineer They won't be engineers, just technicians with BTEC or C&G qualification. Look up the qualification and then ask around for people with the right certificate.
Nickfromwales Posted 47 minutes ago Posted 47 minutes ago 6 hours ago, sansserif said: Yes, and we're struggling to get a response from his go-to firm as well (and as a bonus they're likely to very expensive if we ever get a quote through) I've reached out for some contacts. I'll let you know if/when they respond
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now