Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
12 hours ago, Russdl said:


You can, but under current tariffs why would you? Axle buy it for £1/kWh, if I need to buy it back at peak rate it’ll cost me around 30p/kWh so effectively I’ve only got 70p/kWh instead of the whole £1. That’ll do nicely. 

Our inverter has a backup feature and I'd like to keep a minimum SOC to cover a few hours backup use from the battery, but not alot if Axle want it:)

Posted
12 minutes ago, Dillsue said:

I'd like to keep a minimum SOC to cover a few hours backup use from the battery

 

Ah, in case of power outage I presume?

 

My inverter is set to stop export when the battery reaches 10% SoC for just such an eventuality, I guess that would stop the export if Axle are taking the juice but not at all certain.

 

 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dillsue said:

So do they pay for solar export on top of battery discharge if its running through the smart meter?? Their FAQs say they need access to your inverter for metering even if you are manually triggering battery export?

They pay for anything you export during the event. This will be battery discharge, any excess solar being generated and anything else, if you have a wind turbine for example. I guess they need to see what is going through your inverter to check you are not simply rerouting grid power from another supply. You can sign up here :- https://vpp.axle.energy/landing?ref=R-WHARJUFG

Edited by Bonner
Posted (edited)

System is pretty simple

They trigger an export event at you battery/inverter.  It then exports battery power plus any other power being generated at that time, as your battery will not charge and discharge at the same time.

Axle pay an agreed amount per kWh and your energy supplier will also pay you the agreed export value. Plus if Octopus have an energy saving event, sign on to that, it sees you are exporting and you get a tick in the box, do 2 energy saving event and get weekend power for 1 hr for free.

 

Why procrastinate, sign up, if you don't like it you can stop - you get £25 for signing up anyway.

 

https://vpp.axle.energy/landing?ref=R-VYFYIHBL

Edited by JohnMo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...