Tiled roof design

Hoponline

I want to match a porch hipped roof with a ridged hipped roof on a side extension - Architect says can't be done and the options are lean to or mansard type roof - I want to avoid any flat roof entirely - I cannot see why what I propose is anything other than a framing challenge with a valley where the two roofs meet , side elevation is hidden so less important than the aesthetics of the front elevation

I did see an image of such a roof on a google search ... but typically cannot find now when needed to send to the architect 

Has anyone built similar or is aware of why such a roof could not be built?

house 1.PNG

house 2.PNG

I guess you could do this if you had a wall in line with the small ridge in the second diagram and the front area of the roof was higher than the side part of the roof.

The side roof would have to be at a shallower angle than the front roof and the wall would be in line with the ridge, they couldn't share a pitch half way up as you have shown as the side roof would have to rise the same height over roughly twice the distance.

But it would look very strange from the side, very strange.

If you want them to look the same it would probably be much better to change the porch roof so it didn't have a ridge.