Old patio freshly repointed

Hi all, looking for some advice here...

Got an old patio that was laid on soil and sand years back, took the weeds out and pressure washed and patio is solid no movement but repointed to stop any weeds coming through...some gaps are a bit more than others with some gaps smaller (patio laid on a slope so shifted over years but like I say solid no shifting now).

I made a pointing mix of 2 parts builders sand 1 part cement and added a tiny amount of Feb mix...zero water was added but the consistentcy of the mix I could squeeze into a ball without it crumbling so heard that's ideal.  Brushed the mix into gaps and compressed quite deep with a finger pointing tool, repeated and then finished with a smoothing pointer before moving to next slabs. After finished due to the following days being dry I lightly mist coated the area and done this 2x per day for the following days.  This was done start of September so temperatures were good.

Overall I'd say about 85% of the repoints are solid. The other 15% it's as if the mix has dried and lifted as slight bounce in it where it's not adhered to...not sure why that's happened but any tips?

I've been suggested go 3:1 for next mix add Feb mix only tiny amount aswell as a little SBR as ideal for outside work. Remove loose mortar, dust etc and repoint? Any other tips or your thoughts as to why the repoints lifted would be great. (Will post pics)

I think what is must be is some of the slabs are bigger spacings than the others so possibly just the shallow gaps thats no took well. I'll try again with a little SBR in it tho point it compacted... hopefully works out....happy with the bulk of it