Has anyone used this insulated 4 bore pipe

I've used the two pipe Mibec which is very good. The 2 x 25mm data and cable pipes may not be sufficient depending on the heatpump. In the case where the ASHP communicates to a control box in the house with a data cable and the internal control box controls the system then only a single data cable is required plus power for the ASHP. I swapped from an early Daikin to an Altherma 3 which requires multiple cables as there is no control box in the house - all functions are performed at the ASHP. Additionally with the Altherma 3 you are looking at multiple power cables - ASHP + immersion.

I opted for a 50mm flexible conduit and a Mibec with 2 pipes.

9 hours ago, Post and beam said:

We will be using a 7kw Vaillant arotherm, so i dont suppose the power needs to be very heavy duty

You'll need to use a cable calculator to confirm- maximum current demand vs length...

12 hours ago, Post and beam said:

We will be using a 7kw Vaillant arotherm, so i dont suppose the power needs to be very heavy duty. Interested why this wont be enough power or data.

I don’t know your model, but some heat pumps have different demands even if the same kw, mine has 3 power cables going to it, a 4mm and 2 x 2.5mm, then 2x cat 6 shielded. 
look up exactly what feeds you need, but then what happens if you change to a different heat pump. 

use the insulated pipe for the water and run a couple of 40mm ducts for power and comms. 

On 22/09/2024 at 21:05, Post and beam said:

We will be using a 7kw Vaillant arotherm, so i dont suppose the power needs to be very heavy duty. Interested why this wont be enough power or data.

You will be absolutely fine with the 4 bore assuming the 2 x 25mm dims upthread are correct.

In the UK* the Arotherm plus just needs 1 power cable and one ebus data cable back to the indoor VWZ AI Interface unit and system controller. Almost all other connecions terminate there. The ppl who have just installed my 12kW Arotherm plus used 25mm and 20mm flexible conduit respectively. Also IIRC the 7kW only needs 2.5 sq mm power cable not 4.0.

There was plenty of room for the additional data connections I wanted (e.g. to shut it off in case of grid failure - until I can switch it to Low Noise Mode so the battery will last twice as long). If you have sensitive flooring materials you might conceivably want to run another twisted pair to the limit stat connection on the HP itself. Can't think of anythng else that is not duplicated on the indoor Interface Unit, e.g. you can connect the HW diverter valve to either.

*In Germany there are some setups where the utility can interrupt the supply, sometimes this means you need to split the control board and compressor power feeds but in the UK they are just jumpered together inside the outdoor unit.