Internal walls

I’m looking at the detail for our internal walls (mixture of load bearing and non). I understand the arguments for raising internal walls above slab but unfortunately too late to change this. However I am curious about the dpc. I’m wondering if this should be wide enough to extend above the screed… not sure what is meant by ‘dressed up soleplate’ but would assume that edges should lap above screed. Dimensions in our diagram don’t allow for this. Any thoughts?

IMG_5203.png

30 minutes ago, Canski said:

If your slab has a DPM beneath it then no need to add another DPC above below internal walls. 

There isn’t 

But BC will ask for it 

2 minutes ago, junglejim said:

Yes they will ask for it but also wondering if it is beneficial to separate from screed.

It doesn’t really matter If BC want it and you haven’t put it down 

Big job to do it retroactively 

Its supposed to stop the timber rotting 

But I put miles of metal stud down and it’s always required under that also 

Thanks for all comments.

I’m not questioning whether it should be there but wondering if it should be wider so that it can be extended above the screed level - although I might be way off on my understanding here?

Too much reading is a bad thing… really worried now that internal walls below ffl isn’t good and may beach regs despite all parties agreeing; architect, engineer, timber frame company. 

anyone able to put my mind at rest?

You often see a course of thermal blockwork for internal walls and soleplate on that.  It stops the soleplate being cold and allows for insulation and screed.  Soleplate on slab is old school as it is cold and more prone to rot.  Also if shotfired they often use l shaped soleplate anchors so as not to penetrate the DPC under the soleplate.