CDM regulation 12 (5) Principal Designers Health and Safety File Examples

Good Morning,

I have been trawling this forum and HSE and other websites but I am struggling to get any information on what the Principal Designer is supposed to put in the Health and Safety file that CDM requires them to complete. Is it a physical folder that is expected to be in the site office or is it just the design information from Architect, SE etc?  What would it look like for a knock down and rebuild for a 4 bed timber framed house on two floors?

We are about to start demolition and the F10 has been submitted etc. We are clear on who is fulfilling the roles and lots of advice on this site about this which is great and principla contractor for demolition and groundworks has a Construction Phase Plan etc. but I am just wondering if we are missing some thing for this Health and Safety file, the specific CDM text from regulation 12 is copy and pasted below.

Thanks for any advice or just pointing me to a previous post that I haven't found.

Construction phase plan and health and safety file

.....(5) During the pre-construction phase, the principal designer must prepare a health and safety file appropriate to the characteristics of the project which must contain information relating to the project which is likely to be needed during any subsequent project to ensure the health and safety of any person.

As far as I know, it’s the usual stuff: Make a file of Risk Assessments (lots of online examples), look at everything you can think of which could be dangerous at each stage and update it regularly, First Aid Certs , On site H & S policies, location of the First Aid box, welfare facilities, toilet.

Compliance is the issue…