Bath plumbing on concrete floor?

Hi I am building a new build with an insulated raft. There is a bathroom with a bath on the ground floor and the structural slab concrete is the finished floor. I already have my soil pipes and rebar mesh in the isoquick insulated raft but I have not yet poured the concrete. My architects drawing specs a recess under the bath for plumbing. I have watched a few YouTube videos and had a look under my bath in my flat and the water trap does not go below the floor in any of these examples. What is the benefit of having a large recess under the bath. I guess some baths will have very low drain holes I guess that could be an issue.

I have one soil pipe next to the bath to accept the water from the bath plus a toilet and sink. Having the soil pipe recessed down inside the 140mm deep recess may give me more run/height for the toilet, bath and sink connection’s especially as I will need some special connection to bring all 3 together.

I am hesitant to remove the top two layers of a393 mesh to make the recess in the concrete as it very close to the edge of the slab.

For my bath and showers I placed a largish rectangle of insulation where I thought I didn't want concrete for drains. I pinned this the lower insulation and made sure it would be flush with the finished level of concrete.  When I was ready to sort the bathroom wastes I dug out the insulation, did the drains and then back filled those areas with fresh concrete.

• Thanks 1

Ours was on the first floor, but same principle, we shuttered off the area with timber. This meant a 100mm deep recess for the bath to sit in. Having the bath 100mm lower than then floor level makes it easier to get in and out of. Highly recommended.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Conor said:

Ours was on the first floor, but same principle, we shuttered off the area with timber. This meant a 100mm deep recess for the bath to sit in. Having the bath 100mm lower than then floor level makes it easier to get in and out of. Highly recommended.

Thanks Conor, 

so you actually lowered the bath/feet/base into the recess, or the recess was for plumbing?

34 minutes ago, gavztheouch said:

Thanks Conor, 

so you actually lowered the bath/feet/base into the recess, or the recess was for plumbing?

Dropped the whole lot down 

• Thanks 1