Certificates needed for site clearance

Hi everyone, I've contacted a guy who would do the site clearance for my site. He asked me if I was looking for certificates.
What will be removed from the site are the following:

• Weeds
  • Overgrown bushes (Gorse)
  • Some rubbish
  • Dirt
  • A small asphalt patch.

Which of these require certificates? Who can request them, and what’s the cost? Additionally, do I need planning permission to remove the asphalt patch (approximately 40-50 sqm)? 

Thank you so much for your attention.

To go to a proper waste plant, the dirt would need to be tested if there’s any amount of it. (A single wheelbarrow full probably gets through the system unscathed.) There’s restrictions on knotweed etc. Look up ‘WAC testing’ (not some kind of sanity test).

If it’s going to be left in a layby somewhere you won’t need any certs.

Check he’s not being an idiot over one wheelbarrow worth, but suggest the answer is ‘yes’.

Edited by Alan Ambrose
  • Like 1

Just ensure he is licenced or using a licenced.

We had around 40 odd grabber lorries full of muck away, made up ground, clay etc etc. didn't see a certificate, only collection dockets. but they were licenced so probably didn't end up in layby.

Is the asphalt patch part of a bigger scheme, and are you planning to replace it with hard standing ?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Blooda said:

Just ensure he is licenced or using a licenced.

We had around 40 odd grabber lorries full of muck away, made up ground, clay etc etc. didn't see a certificate, only collection dockets. but they were licenced so probably didn't end up in layby.

Is the asphalt patch part of a bigger scheme, and are you planning to replace it with hard standing ?

Thanks for the answer. No, the asphalt patch is not part of a bigger scheme. Once removed, I want just grass growing.

How do I check that he is licensed?

Edited by MariaD