29 minutes ago, Philxyz said:

Is it worth moving that supply vent onto the mezzanine?

You could, then spread the supply via 3 supplies, say 10 to the store area and the rest divide between the two bedrooms.

Posted (edited)

John, thanks again. You've been more than generous with your time and knowledge. I am going to do it myself.

Edited by Philxyz
spelling correction

@Philxyz one thing to add, when I was doing mine I recall seeing somewhere that vents should be at least 1 meter from any wall, in your image some are right next to walls, may be worth considering moving them away from the walls if you can. 

3 minutes ago, Russdl said:

@Philxyz one thing to add, when I was doing mine I recall seeing somewhere that vents should be at least 1 meter from any wall, in your image some are right next to walls, may be worth considering moving them away from the walls if you can. 

He is using coanda supply nozzles on the wall. They encourage the air to travel across the ceiling to the other side of the room.

4 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

He is using coanda supply nozzles on the wall. They encourage the air to travel across the ceiling to the other side of the room.

Whoops! Should have read the posts properly. Soz. 

Putting together a parts list, and I cannot find install info for these Coanda grills.

1. How close should they be to the ceiling? 
  2. Can I connect these straight to a duct (eg in my case to a AE48C Bend 90°)?

I am on a steep learning curve and trying to minimise my questions here. Just tell me when you've had enough John!

25 minutes ago, Philxyz said:
  • How close should they be to the ceiling? 
  • Can I connect these straight to a duct (eg in my case to a AE48C Bend 90°)?

My centres of duct is about 100 to 120mm from ceiling. I use AE48C bend and 90mm duct either side. I have attached the terminal direct to the 90mm duct. You just leave the duct about 15 to 20mm proud of the wall.17189695656937176880783402721756.thumb.jpg.a814515ea47237db9164db76c924e60c.jpg

IMG_20240331_222748.thumb.jpg.ef0a42e4578457087d0dd5255ff63afd.jpg