EICR and consumer unit

I know that as part of an electrical safety check (in order to get an EICR) that our consumer unit will be checked. See pictures.

Can a qualified electrician here tell me if this is likely to need to be changed?

20240603_140413.thumb.jpg.b2889476a6f3212647bda386779b7cb6.jpg20240605_111619.thumb.jpg.ab020ddbfcf563699a1ee92f08bf4611.jpg

It really depends on the inspector and the reason for the EICR as to how they will code it.

As a layman, at the minimum, I would expect a C2 (potentially dangerous) in relation to the lack of an RCD and the reasonable expectation that sockets (especially given one of the ways is marked as garage extension sockets) could power equipment outdoors. If you have a very generous inspector, you might get C3 (improvement recommended) for anything else, but it depends on a lot of variables that won't be visible just from the photos you've provided.

Just because the consumer unit is old and may not meet current standards doesn't mean that it automatically has to be replaced.

Yes get a new CU that is very old (1965?) and as pointed out no RCD protection and no hope of getting RCBO's to upgrade it.  Once cable witn no sleeving on CPC but that is trivial to fix.

Likely no earth bonding to water or gas.

Third MCB from main switch seems to feed a lot of different stuff.

1 hour ago, garrymartin said:

one of the ways is marked as garage extension sockets

That will be removed

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

CU that is very old (1965?)

No older than late 1980's

Likely no earth bonding to water or gas.

There is 😀 

Third MCB from main switch seems to feed a lot of different stuff.

Basically sockets in one side of the house. There is another MCB for the other side. It could be labled simply " sockets, right hand side" 

3 hours ago, BotusBuild said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then why am I being quoted £600 or more??

CU with SPD's is likely to cost in the region of £200

Full days job to change it and test everything properly so £300 would be about normal.

So £600 is not extortionate.