How should I finish my flat roof against a neighbouring property? Help please!

WillH83

Hi all, I was wandering if anyone could help me with suggestions as to how to marry up my new warm roof build up with my neighbour’s property?

The issue is that my roof was installed about 50 years ago and since then my neighbour’s property has been extended meaning there is no access to the existing fascia etc. to make this even more fun, I am going to add a warm roof build up of 170-175mm (Velutrix, 150mm PIR, 18mm OSB, GRP over existing deck). This brings the new height to around halfway up their fascia board.

I have my neighbour’s consent to take my roof to meet their wall and close the 40-100mm gap which currently exists but I would appreciate any thoughts as to how best to do this while allowing the GRP to run high enough… ie. Should this be behind their fascia board? I have added a picture for reference - the gap is below the gutter line although it does not really show very well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance…

Flat roof1.jpg

If it were me I would remove their guttering and facia board, new insulation and run the GRP as high as possible then replace cut down facia and guttering.