Help needed to find transport for moving a static caravan with access constraints

Hi all,

We have had our much loved but now redundant static caravan for 9 years, it has been a home office, spare bedrooms & even our home for a time, while we were extending our house.  We had I delivered by the man who we bought it from, on a flatbed rigid lorry of roughly 20ft (probably a little over) with three axels, (and I can't remember but I think must have been fitted with a winch).  The caravan is 30ft long & 10ft wide, it over hung the back of the lorry & this enabled it to be angled accordingly while on the lorry.  It was a relatively simple process, despite our stone gate posts being narrow and our country lane being tight.  It seems that 9 years on caravans have grown, as have the associated transport options.  We have found the caravan a new home, but we haven't found anyone who can get through our gates to collect it from us & deliver it there.  We are based Dawlish, Devon new home is near Axminster.  Has anyone had similar issues and did you find a solution? Or does anyone drive a lorry, that fits the description of the one that delivered it, who could help (or know someone who does)?

I apologise if I missed anybody asking the same question, (I had a look through the older threads but I couldn't find one matching). 

Many thanks in advance. 

In tight situations like that, they tow the 'van on it's own wheels through your gate with something like a Landrover, and winch it up onto the lorry on the road or somewhere else with enough room.

When we had ours delivered the delivery person was not very helpful, and just unloaded it onto the road, I had to use my own Landrover to position it on site.

caravan_1.thumb.jpg.4e7f324d9e19dbe20db74715bd70fec1.jpgcaravan_6.thumb.jpg.c5ba4de954de59f69bb43b1b272c601c.jpg

ProDave sounds like you had a nightmare, thank goodness for your Defender! Unfortunately this won't work for us because the caravan is too long to go through the gates and clear the bank opposite the driveway as the gateway is too narrow to angle it up the lane, so needs the height of being on the lorry so it clear the top of the bank. 😬

17162152650375375717603106746029.jpg

Speak to some local holiday parks (you have a few round that area), they will either know some good tricks to moving them about or could recommend some good local transport guys.

• Like 1