Shower tray - when to install

Morning all,

Quick question about when would be the best point to install a shower tray.

The walls have not been lined yet so are bare studs.  Should I install the tray tight to the studs and then drop the lining (backer board) to the top of the tray, or would I be better backer boarding the walls first then fitting the tray.

Ta

Marek

Erm, well, I'd planned on using Jackoboard on the walls and it will be their stuff to seal joins, so the walls wont be tanked as such.  It's a kudos stone resin tray.  Quite honestly though, hadn't thought of tanking under the tray considering there's a whopping great hole for the waste to drop through.

Trays before the linings Be careful of putting them tight against the studs if you have doors edge to edge Can be difficult to get in once tiled A snug fit against the lining and sealed works well 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

hadn't thought of tanking under the tray considering there's a whopping great hole for the waste to drop through.

no, not under the tray. from the wall onto the tray...

I tile lots of bathrooms and wet rooms 

It’s so unlikely that water will get past the tiles and silicone and if it was to The tiles would need to come off 

I can’t remember the last time I had an issue I’ve just used moister board again Hardy backer is such overkill 

• Like 1