Building regs consultation

Posted (edited)

Hey again - hopefully just a basic quick question, for all you guys in the know ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

The house we're hoping to buy has a detached outbuilding at the bottom of the garden, measuring 6 x 3m, with 2.5 sloping metal roof. It's >1m from property boundaries & generally non combustible (singke skin breezeblock walls, concrete floor, metal roof, upvc door & windows). It's a workshop, with electrical power & own consumer board, plus small log burner/ metal chimney

ย 

I was looking to convert into an office (non sleeping accom) myself, by just adding PIR boards and adjusting electrical sockets over this.

ย 

Would this incur building regs, and if so is there a portal / consultation service I can use for clarification & sign off?

Edited by SilverShadow

Addition to the above:

ย 

Afaik, no PP or building regs apply here (looking at govt website). But I just wanted your thoughts/opinions, or advice on how I can check this with the necessary governing bodies

Itโ€™s a garden shed, as long as itโ€™s not habitable then no regs or approvals apart from dimensions (floor area and eaves height) so you can just get on with it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent work as always, guys - many thanks ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Closer the time I'll probably pop back for advice on converting it. There seems to be several different ways ways folks do PIR insulation (batons, dot n dab, moisture proofing, etc), so be glad to get plenty of advice before I start ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Thanks again

Shadow

Edited by SilverShadow