Garden lights

James94

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Im going to install some fence lights around garden about 90m in length so about 15 leds and a single light to up light a birch tree. Only thing is we never really allowed for live feed and switching.

Got power in garage and feed cables will run into there but not sure of the best way to control them, I have seen the quinetic switches and also looked at this box, not sure how it works I’ll have a read up.

can anyone recommend the best way.

Regards. James

IMG_5075.jpeg

IMG_5078.jpeg

Edited by James94

How about dawn to dusk led lightbulbs, and a simple on/off override switch in the garage ? Would that work for your needs? 

Think I would jury rig some  Quintec switches to try them out before installing. 

Sometimes it's nice to have our outside lights just come on when you arrive home or step outside. They do a PIR sensor you can use.

@Bozza

Thanks for the replies, I already have the light and had them for a few months now so not be able to return so won’t be able to have dusk till dawn setting and I do think I’d prefer to be able to have control over them possibly wirelessly.

@Temp

I had to Google jury rig s wasn’t familiar with the term.

is it possible to add quintec or something similar to normal switches or do you have to use there dedicated switches as I’ve got dimmers and dummy dimmers throughout the house?

I also have my blinds and some led ceiling strip lights controlled by an app on my phone Tuya app, would it be possible to use this to control lighting?

I also like the idea of the PIR sensor,I could possibly use this on my drive wall  lights.

Could the PIR fit to normal wall lights as I have them too?

Regards. James

1 hour ago, James94 said:

Thanks for the replies, I already have the light and had them for a few months now so not be able to return so won’t be able to have dusk till dawn setting and I do think I’d prefer to be able to have control over them possibly wirelessly.

I meant dusk to dawn bulbs.  That you can fit to most outdoor lights.

5 hours ago, James94 said:

@Bozza

@Temp

I had to Google jury rig s wasn’t familiar with the term.

is it possible to add quintec or something similar to normal switches or do you have to use there dedicated switches as I’ve got dimmers and dummy dimmers throughout the house?

I also have my blinds and some led ceiling strip lights controlled by an app on my phone Tuya app, would it be possible to use this to control lighting?

I also like the idea of the PIR sensor,I could possibly use this on my drive wall  lights.

Could the PIR fit to normal wall lights as I have them too?

Regards. James

Quintec switches are wireless. You can put a quintec switch anywhere. So you could have one of their switches next to an outside door where there is no power. That switch can talk to a reciever in say the garage where your outside lights pick up power. No need for wires from the switch to the lights. The switches are powered by your hand moving the switch. So no battery required either.

6 hours ago, James94 said:

@Temp

They also have a PIR sensor that is also wireless. This can also be paired to control your lights. It has a dusk to dawn light level sensor so the PIR only turns the lights on at night. 

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/QUPIR.html?source=adwords&ad_position=&ad_id=&placement=&kw=&network=x&matchtype=&ad_type=pla&product_id=QUPIR&product_partition_id=&campaign=shopping_switches_sockets&version=finalurl_v3&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3ZayBhDRARIsAPWzx8pc0t4tphYjRwJLKUNjTeC_R0IZdyqzTj0-Sc0bjQ9U4ei5EBDX9yMaAt0SEALw_wcB

QUPIR can be paired with a Quinetic controller to automatically turn ON the lamp after the sensor senses the human body, and automatically turn OFF the lamp after the human body is not sensed. The sensor has adjustable lux level, time and detection distance functions, and IP65 weatherproof capability (using the included IP65 Silicone cover). It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use, where automatically control of the lights is needed. Flexible control of the lights can be realized by changing the different PIR settings.

I've not used any if their kit but it's all fairly straightforward to understand.

@Bozza

not sure if I’m getting what you mean, I have the lights already and they are fixed led chips so can’t use different bulbs.

@Temp

i think I’m going to look at making a matching dummy dimmer switch smart that work with the app. I’m not sure what and if it’s possible yet but going to research Shelly and zigbee, one might work. Thanks for your advice.

Regards. James