3 hours ago, BTC Builder said:

£10k was a number I put in for easy maths, but if someone were to offer me a heat pump, tank and underfloor heating system suitable for 165 sqm for £10k then I'd take their hand off.

Mines 90sq m, materials around 4.5k max that's Samsung ASHP, controller, cylinder, pipe work, UFH pipe, manifold all hot and cold fitting and pipe.amd electrical supplies. I spent a lot of time hunting stuff down, eBay etc for surplus stock

13 minutes ago, Jenki said:

Mines 90sq m, materials around 4.5k max that's Samsung ASHP, controller, cylinder, pipe work, UFH pipe, manifold all hot and cold fitting and pipe.amd electrical supplies. I spent a lot of time hunting stuff down, eBay etc for surplus stock

When I said 165 sqm, that's the ground floor space for the underfloor heating, then there's the upstairs which is the same size with another 4 radiators and 4 bathrooms radiators. I'm assuming the smallest heat pump will not suffice but am happy to be proven wrong.

12 minutes ago, BTC Builder said:

When I said 165 sqm, that's the ground floor space for the underfloor heating, then there's the upstairs which is the same size with another 4 radiators and 4 bathrooms radiators. I'm assuming the smallest heat pump will not suffice but am happy to be proven wrong.

Your building heat loss is the same irrespective of number of rooms or number of UFH loops and or number of radiators.

A well insulated house, really doesn't need bedroom rads, it will get all the heat it needs via the downstairs heating.

I heat my 192m2 and 26m2 garden room from a 6kW ASHP and it's really too big. All depends on how well insulated and how good your airtightness is and the ventilation strategy.

You need to do heat loss calculation first then the heat pump size follows.

Posted (edited)

If your plumber [or any trade] is not VAT Registered it is imperative you buy the items, as they will have no method of claiming VAT back, and although they send you an invoice with not VAT on, the price will include VAT on Materials paid to the supplier.

Edited by Blooda