Wall on block and beam floor

I have a block and beam floor on a single storey extension. I want to build a internal wall on the block and beam for a bathroom partition. Inside the bathroom I will have a wall hung toilet shower and basin fixed to this internal wall.

Is this OK on a block and beam floor?

Did you put in a double concrete beam, or engineering brick footings below that part of the beam and block as part of the original construction to allow for an internal block work wall?

If not the answer is no, you can only use stud work as @nod said above.

You can't retro fit blockwork walls as an after thought.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twice round the block said:

Did you put in a double concrete beam, or engineering brick footings below that part of the beam and block as part of the original construction to allow for an internal block work wall?

If not the answer is no, you can only use stud work as @nod said above.

You can't retro fit blockwork walls as an after thought.

Does the stud work go on after the screed?

Posted (edited)

With care you can hide the cistern and frame for the wall hung WC in a stud wall.  The main issue is the waste pipe run. 

We clad our bathroom stud walls with 12mm Hardibacker board before tiling. It's hard to cut but it's bomb proof and allows you to fix most things like towel rails or lights anywhere. Obviously something like a wall hung basin needs more. I think the weight of Hardibacker helps a bit with sound proofing.

Edited by Temp