Loxone presence sensors in bedrooms

greetings. i'm sure it's something i've either done wrong or not configured but i've had to turn off the presence sensors in our bedrooms as the slightest movement turns on the lights! it's extremely frustrating.

anyone else had to do this or can give some tips as to how to stop this from happening? i'm wondering if there's a way to turn off presence sensing after a certain time if all the lights are off? there doesn't seem to be the logic to do automation on times without creating scenes and i don't think scenes are what i need.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

greetings. i'm sure it's something i've either done wrong or not configured but i've had to turn off the presence sensors in our bedrooms as the slightest movement turns on the lights! it's extremely frustrating.

anyone else had to do this or can give some tips as to how to stop this from happening? i'm wondering if there's a way to turn off presence sensing after a certain time if all the lights are off? there doesn't seem to be the logic to do automation on times without creating scenes and i don't think scenes are what i need.

Presence sensors only turn on lights if you associate them with a lighting controller.  If you want presence sensor to turn on lights in some situations, but not at other times, then use the DisP input on the lighting controller.  

If you want to disable presence at night for bedrooms then you can:

1) Configure an operating mode for night-time.  This can be set via a schedule block so that the time is visible/modifiable in app.

2) Use lighting central component and associate all bedroom lighting controllers with this.  (this avoids having to disable presense on each/every lighting controller)

3) Use "night-time" operating mode to set DisP input on light central

Did you already move in?  Lights been turning on all night whenever you roll over? 🙂 

Edited by Dan F

15 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Presence sensors only turn on lights if you associate them with a lighting controller.  If you want presence sensor to turn on lights in some situations, but not at other times, then use the DisP input on the lighting controller.  

If you want to disable presence at night for bedrooms then you can:

1) Configure an operating mode for night-time.  This can be set via a schedule block so that the time is visible/modifiable in app.

2) Use lighting central component and associate all bedroom lighting controllers with this.  (this avoids having to disable presense on each/every lighting controller)

3) Use "night-time" operating mode to set DisP input on light central

Did you already move in?  Lights been turning on all night whenever you roll over? 🙂 

some great ideas there for me to try! I forgot about operating modes and will look in to the DisP input.

I would love to use the presence sensor to work when it's not sleeping time for the convenience at other times of the day so I think operating modes might be perfect for this. thank you.

we've not "officially" moved in as we don't have BCO sign off but have "kind of". 😉 basically we ran out of gas in the old bungalow and I wasn't going to fill the tank again for a short period of time

As @Dan F says, it’s usual to use operating modes for this type of control.  Operating modes are hugely useful for lots of stuff. I use them for whole house evening and night modes, individual bedroom modes, heating/ventilation, guest mode, at home, away, holiday etc. They can be used with schedules, triggered by other logic or using switches and other inputs. Incredibly useful. If you used the config planning tool and auto config then it will create a whole range of operating modes automatically.

• Thanks 1