White Render - Sun Glare?

I'm trying to remember if I am just imaging this. I grew up in a typical estate house, the rear 1st floor windows were sky lights because they overlooked other properties, so the 1st floor external wall was solid white painted on a sand-cement render. I don't think the paint was anything special (was done by the builder so imagine it was bog standard enough stuff). I remember getting really bad sun glare off this wall when I was out the back of the house and was always squinting because of it (had to wear sun glasses).

We're in the process of choosing what colour to go with four our external render (Parex, Monorex) and we're struggling to pair the stone (grey + some sandstone mixed in) with a colour, other than white. Our main garden seated area is south facing and I'm concerned a white render would create sun glare. But I've searched here and Googled, and I'm not finding any posts from others commenting on white render creating bad sun glare.

Have I likely just really sensitive eyes, or does white external render potentially create bad sun glare and might be uncomfortable to sit out in?

I hate the pure white renders We call them council Estate render The large choice of off whites are much nicer 

• Like 2

It's definitely a thing.

We have K Rend Silicone FT Textured Render in White at our current place and at times, you need sunglasses! I've tried to find some old photos of when it was being installed to show the difference when the sun catches it. Same camera and position, so hopefully you'll get the idea!

Picture 155.jpg

Picture 151.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, garrymartin said:

It's definitely a thing.

We have K Rend Silicone FT Textured Render in White at our current place and at times, you need sunglasses! I've tried to find some old photos of when it was being installed to show the difference when the sun catches it. Same camera and position, so hopefully you'll get the idea!

Ah thanks for that, really shows how strong the glare is against the white.

Now the issue is the missus and myself agreeing on a different colour!