Concrete shed base?

We are looking at a decent shed base, 3m x 4m for a sit in mower and associated garden stuff.

We have an area set aside for it, the first quote for a base was £1100, about 1.5cubic required. 50mm compacted MOT etc.

This seemed a helluva more then I expected.

As I start getting quotes, midlands based, any estimates on feasibility of DIY? Getting a load dropped and I barrow it myself of equivalent?

Welcome feedback on what others did!

If it's a self supporting shed, you just need a few pads for it to rest on. Id strip the area, put stones down, then set blocks / pavers at the points the shed instructions say they are needed. A concrete slab is a bit ott for a timber shed.

Overall I would say there seems to way to much (over) thinking goes in to shed on this site. As above

13 minutes ago, Conor said:

you just need a few pads for it to rest on

Our last (house) shed was sat on 6 old slabs on soil. It was still there 10 years later a good as new. A shed existed on site when we bought that house, it had been there about 20 years, was still there being used 10 years later - On slabs on soil.

You don't need a concrete or mot base. Anyone saying you do is after your money. It's a shed. My latest shed is on a load of concrete blocks I had left over from the build.

I recently did this for a 10ft x 8ft base. So slightly smaller.

I dug out  the ground, put mot, hired a mixer then made the concrete and wheel barrowed each batch 40m to the bottom of my garden. All on my own.

Was extremely hard work, just the physical aspect. Managed to get it acceptably smooth for a shed though.

Not sure if it was worth it vs the other methods but I reckon it will last a long time.

6 hours ago, Conor said:

If it's a self supporting shed, you just need a few pads for it to rest on. Id strip the area, put stones down, then set blocks / pavers at the points the shed instructions say they are needed. A concrete slab is a bit ott for a timber shed.

He wants to put a ride on mower in it, not sure I'd want that weight on a wooden shed floor not supported all the way underneath?

£1100 including labour seems reasonable to me. I paid £2k for a 6.5 x 5.5m 100mm reinforced slab with 100mm MOT underneath a couple years ago