Approx cost for this driveway?

martin55

Posted (edited)

Can I get some very approx estimates for this driveway?

It's a 5m by 3m front garden with a drop of 80cm that I want converted into a less sloped concrete drive. Retaining wall will be needed with steps up to it. Existing side path removed. Rebar for reinforcement.

Attached mockup.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 02.19.39.png

Edited by martin55

Can't help with the cost, but just bear in mind (if you aren't already aware) that "impermeable materials over 5m² need Planning Permission: If your driveway is larger than five square meters and you use impermeable materials like traditional concrete, you'll need planning permission."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, garrymartin said:

Can't help with the cost, but just bear in mind (if you aren't already aware) that "impermeable materials over 5m² need Planning Permission: If your driveway is larger than five square meters and you use impermeable materials like traditional concrete, you'll need planning permission."

You can avoid needing planning permission by ensuring any run off from impermeable surfaces is handled on site. Eg by draining towards flower beds or drains and soakaway. 

On 02/05/2024 at 22:24, Temp said:

You can avoid needing planning permission by ensuring any run off from impermeable surfaces is handled on site. Eg by draining towards flower beds or drains and soakaway. 

I won't have an issue with planning permission as it is going to be sloped toward my house. I also have grass behind it.