Hello All

Thought I should join this site as I am undertaking my first extension self build. After receiving extortinate quotes from builders I have decided to try it out myself, gulp.  The project is a ground floor rear and side extension 65sqm and a first floor extension over the side 20sqm. Wish me luck.

• Like 1

Good morning and welcome, we all start somewhere. Loads of info available on here, searching past threads is likely to pull up similar projects to learn from.

Welcome and good on you for having a go, it’s how we all started (decades ago in my case). Just remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, not asking is stupid. With my build I got a contractor to do the stuff I didn’t like (was crap at, brick/block laying, plastering ) but did the vast majority of the rest, 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeSelfBuild said:

.... After receiving extortionate quotes from builders I have decided to try it out myself, gulp.  ...

Welcome.

We've all felt that '...gulp...'  Might as well call this the OhFFSboard.  We're used to it. Here to help and take the proverbial.

Ian

Thank you for the support, they way I see it is a long list of problems that all can be solved 1 way or another, i have given myself 1 year to prep, with foundations going in after 6 months (to save stress of cutting it fine with planning) then work commencing spring time 2025.