MDPE Fittings

PeterW

Does anyone have a decent source of MDPE fittings..?

I'm looking for... 

7 x 25mm equal tee
3 x 25mm elbow
4 x 25mm female 3/4 BSP
1 x 25mm to 3/4 BSP Tap
1 x 25mm male 3/4 BSP
1 x 25mm End Stop
2 x 25mm to 22mm copper

This lot so far has been from £65-£140.....

There must be a cheaper way !

All I can say is that there are some really rubbish ones round - don't touch the Screwfix ones (FloPlast?) for example, they are ones I've had to replace, as one by one their seals have failed (they use a lip seal, rather than the O ring most use - not good in my experience).

I've settled on one local supplier to me, Pipestock in Romsey.  Not the cheapest, but they stock Plasson fittings that are absolutely bomb-proof, probably an order of magnitude better than the crap sold elsewhere.  They do a reasonable mail-order service too, but for me it's quick to just pop down and pick stuff up.  Their website is: https://www.pipestock.com/plasson

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pipestock also get a recommendation from me. 

Saleswoman I spoke to was very knowledgeable. She specified a very neat solution for my old alkathene main incomer which was significantly better in price than anyone else could offer. 

When having a bit natter with her about other things too she highly recommended the Philmac and Plasson equipment.

Glad you found them useful, their customer service to me has always been very good indeed, even picking up an error I made with an order and emailing me to be sure that I really wanted the fitting I'd ordered (I'd ordered a load of 25mm MDPE fittings and one 20mm fitting by mistake). 

Did you get a free tape measure? 

I have three free ones from them and they are the toughest and most reliable tapes I've had on site - all three still work like new, pretty good for freebies, even if they do advertise the company!  They've outlasted a "tough" Stanley tape I bought just before we started the build, and I thought the Stanley was quite well made for the price.