SHMBO approved..but i'd still like your feedback

Hi All 

I would appreciate and feedback on any improvements to my floor plan, the top long face is south facing over the 'View'. To the right is the drive way, left is the small garden behind is a brick wall 4m awa. The building is in green belt with full planning for change of use, but they were quite strict on the openings, so unlikely to be able to move these. Sadly it would let me open the doors inwards so I've  left them closed.

image.thumb.png.8e28b0557372b30e25ea69177987edbc.png

Hi, entrance hallway is too small and the long right corridor is a bit weird and waste of sqm.  Assuming the bedroom off the living area to be used as a snug.  You’ve got some unused space in the main livingroom.

not to scale etc but how about something broadly more like this with all rooms wrapped round rather than long corridor, you can play around with rooms to right.  But 4 still bed / 2 bath.  If really needed cloakroom could go off bigger reception area.

spacious reception and inner hallways will make house feel more spacious than your design.

double glazed doors to main living area would give natural light to inner hallway and provide grand entrance to big room even though losing a bit of the sqm from living area.

just providing ideas for you

IMG_1617.jpeg

Thank you Bozza,

I had been fighting the design to minimise and eliminating the corridor ironically... and failing. Perhaps your right I need to embrace it and make itself a feature. Particularly like the glazing as it would get quite dark in there 

To me there looks like a serious lack of storage space. 

Where will the Xmas Dec's go? Linen closet? 

I prefer my kitchens to be south facing. Much better to enjoy the sunrise and sunset there than have them glaring through bedroom windows

If it were me I'd consider having the living area in a top heavy T shape with the sleeping areas split in two on the north facing sides

3 hours ago, Edme said:

Thank you Bozza,

I had been fighting the design to minimise and eliminating the corridor ironically... and failing. Perhaps your right I need to embrace it and make itself a feature. Particularly like the glazing as it would get quite dark in there 

if any if the bedrooms are actually tv rooms or studies you could glaze those doors.  Also would light shafts / veluxes or light tunnels into the dark hallway be possible.  failing that permanent led lightstrips in coving or channel could help.  

Random 'living room bedroom' should have the door opening into the entrance hallway, not into the living space, IMO. Would free up more furniture plans.

Why don't you slide that bedroom over, and have the entrance hallway between that bedroom and the kitchen?