BUS grant - relaxation of EPC outstanding insulation recommendations

"The eligibility rules to get a grant are changing. From early May 2024, your property will be eligible even if there are outstanding insulation recommendations on the EPC."

.gov site

Should help some folk out there. Though not sure why you would not insulate if it's feasible/practical...

I think this is a retrograde step and shows how little the politicians know about the science. Another of HMG's  perverse incentives, they delay the surcharge on gas boilers but then tip the balance back towards HPs with this.

Not sure I would want cavity wall insulation (if I had wall cavities). But loft insulation is a total no brainer, the ROI is better than almost anything else you can do and it might reduce the size of HP you need as well so in that case essentially free.

19 hours ago, sharpener said:

loft insulation is a total no brainer, the ROI is better than almost anything else you can do

Swapping a tumble dryer for a Poundland washing line is still way better.

As someone else in the SW peninsula I would have thought you too were exposed to >1000 mm rainfall/year<g>.

Yes, when there is sun OH likes to use the rotary airer for "freshness" but I don't see much point, now we have kitted out the second roof we have 6.9 kW of PV which gives us a surplus most times of year.

I won’t/don’t have a tumble drier, much prefer washing on the line, however I am a convert to using a de humidifier to dry washing on a wet day.