Cordless Recip Saw

Hi folks, I’m in the market for a cordless recip saw and I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations. 

Bare units are now good and normally I use DeWalt or Hitachi or whatever they are called now. 

there seems to be so many and I can’t tell the difference between them. Looking for a battery and charger with them but they seem to be like £300 minimum for that. Am I daft? 

Look out for Hilti on eBay 

They have been giving them away with fittings and other products 

Ive a couple Really well made and powerful 

11 minutes ago, nod said:

Look out for Hilti on eBay 

They have been giving them away with fittings and other products 

Ive a couple Really well made and powerful 

Oooh, Hilti. I would feel proper hard core with one of them.

Go for a naked tool that is compatible with the batteries and charger you already have? 

I bought a used Makita off eBay and it’s had an absolute beating over the last 5 years. Still going strong, just a bit noisier as it’s not as ‘tight’ due to wear & tear, but with what I’ve done to it I’d be happy to buy one once every 12-18 months as it’s earned its money hundreds of times over. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super_Paulie said:

Stick to a brand really, I use DeWalt for everything and being able to switch the battery is a right bonus. For what its worth I've a cordless DeWalt recip and it's been bullet proof. 

I love this thing and looks the batt is compatible. You’re right, I’ll stick to DeWalt.

IMG_5336.jpeg

• Like 1

it's compatible yes, but the run time on that 1.3Ah battery will be very limited. The recip saw is a hairy monster of a thing and really needs a 4 or 5Ah battery to support it's needs.

/speaking from experience

3 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

it's compatible yes, but the run time on that 1.3Ah battery will be very limited. The recip saw is a hairy monster of a thing and really needs a 4 or 5Ah battery to support it's needs.

/speaking from experience

Yeah, that was just occurring to me. 😔

1 hour ago, Ecthelion said:

Seems I can pick up a non fake 4.0 battery for £45. Will prob go with that and the dewalt recip from eBay at £65.

Get cracking before someone else grabs it. Also, make an offer of £55 first ;)