First lightbulb fail

Adsibob

10 hours ago, Adsibob said:

So which brands do you recommend?

I often use Integral Led. Also Osram, Sylvania, Bell, Phillips. 

None of them are totally bulletproof. The integrated lamps are more reliable and efficient (but of course you can’t change them easily as an end user/obtain direct replacements sometimes in years to come). They’re cheap enough not to worry about it though, most last years. 

6 minutes ago, Mattg4321 said:

They’re cheap enough not to worry about it though, most last years.

But if you fit 20 in a big kitchen and a few years later a couple blow, and you can't buy replacements that match, you DO worry.  That is why I advise people if you are buying fittings with no replaceable bulbs, buy a load of spares now, while you can.

10 minutes ago, ProDave said:

But if you fit 20 in a big kitchen and a few years later a couple blow, and you can't buy replacements that match, you DO worry.  That is why I advise people if you are buying fittings with no replaceable bulbs, buy a load of spares now, while you can.

I had meant GU10 is cheap enough not to worry. Sorry for confusion. 

They do have downsides compared with integrated though. Less reliable/ less efficient and harder to get wider beam angles. 

You pays your money…

13 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

Really? I can find plenty of 90 and 120 degree beam GU10s. How wide do you like to go?

You can get them no problem, I just find that they are not as readily available sitting on stock on a shelf. That’s only my experience though. Probably should’ve explained this better.