Dissertation Survey - Analysis and Evaluation of the Efficacy of Government Soft Landing Approach and Passive House Buildings in the Public Sector

Hi All,

Long time lurker on this forum.

Can everyone please fill out a survey for the dissertation? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Participation is anonymous, entirely voluntary, and individuals retain the right to withdraw from the study at any point.

Analysis and Evaluation of the Efficacy of Government Soft Landing Approach and Passive House Buildings in the Public Sector

Thank you

I suspect we might not be your target audience here.  "Soft Landing" is not a policy we ever discuss and is certainly not anything i have heard of.

2 hours ago, nod said:

I lost the will to live half way through the numerous soft landing questions 

Agreed. I didn't understand all of them or what the subtle differences were, so just typed 3 in them. So I suggest the are reduced in number, to give respondents a soft lading experience.

Also, I get the impression that the complier has already decided that passive house is appropriate to government buildings when it probably isn't.

As to soft landings. this is a good thing.  @nod probably does this already by ensuring that m&e systems are easy to understand and use, and explained at handover.

But if systems are badly designed in the first place no amount of soft landings handovers  will ensure long term success.

59 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Also, I get the impression that the complier has already decided that passive house is appropriate to government buildings when it probably isn't.

If you don't mind me asking, why are passive houses not appropriate for government buildings (public sector buildings)? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, nod said:

I lost the will to live half way through the numerous soft landing questions 

Apologies, the survey is lengthy but teases out differences between GSL public sector buildings that are not Passive House versus public sector Passive House with GSL, as well as whether there are differences in the various Passive House statuses versus GSL adoption.

Edited by An0nmau5

22 hours ago, An0nmau5 said:

why are passive houses not appropriate for government buildings (public sector buildings)? 

Firstly, are passive houses appropriate for housing. Yes but they are expensive and not everyone would use them properly.

On BH there is more on record of [people working to PH principles than to the letter.

That, to me , is sensible and pragmatic.

I am NOT an expert on PH , but have followed the principles for decades. It is basically good Building Science.

Also I am prejudiced against committees and authorities who claim to be expert and issue certificates.

They are not usually as expert as they think, and have their own prejudices.

In summary, the country can't afford for government buildings to be PH designed or controlled.