Breathable membrane required?

On 25/03/2024 at 12:54, alayton said:

Do I need a breathable membrane over my ICF as seems to be suggested for cavity wall when cladding....I will be using Cedral Click.

Three people to consult.

1.  ICF manufacturer

2. Building control/warranty provider

3.  Cladding manufacturer specifically with regard to ICF.

Potentially not in that order.

Seems strange that a breather membrane would be needed, as that is to control vapour getting out, but to stop liquid water getting in.

You may find that a water screen of some sort is needed between the ICF and the cladding and a breathe membrane is the easiest and most familiar.

13 hours ago, FM2015 said:

Three people to consult.

1.  ICF manufacturer

FYI - if it is Nudura, they will only "warrant" the use of Dryvit. Both companies ultimately owned by the same group.

8 hours ago, BotusBuild said:

FYI - if it is Nudura, they will only "warrant" the use of Dryvit. Both companies ultimately owned by the same group.

Dryvit is a render system rather than cladding??.  There is a lot of cross selling with "do it our way or else" flying around.  Hence why I suggested warranty provider and cladding manufacturer as points of contact.  Neither are selling something the OP hasn't the intention of buying.  

2 minutes ago, FM2015 said:

Hence why I suggested warranty provider and cladding manufacturer as points of contact.  Neither are selling something the OP hasn't the intention of buying. 

Totally agree with POV.

• Thanks 1