Concealed cistern flush button compatibility

Tony K

Afternoon. 

My plumber has installed three of these cistern sets for me... 

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/back-to-wall-toilet-pan-d-shape-soft-close-seat-with-concealed-cistern

I am now boxing them in. 

The cistern has a cable and push button housing as shown in the attached photo. 

It seems only a few flush buttons are compatible. I know nothing about plumbing and am struggling to establish what type of flush plate or button I am looking for. Most plumbers merchants carry a limited range of options and can't guarantee compatibility! 

Does anyone know what spec I am looking for, and whether any mechanical flush button will work? 

Thanks 

IMG20240229184041.jpg

17 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

I assume you’ve seen the compatible flush plates on  the Victorian Plumbing website? 

I have. They do a very limited range and none of them are a good fit aesthetically. Ideally, I want a copper/bronze coloured one which VP don't do.

The purpose of my post is really to see whether I am about to waste my time searching high and low for a suitable looking flush only to find that it will not fit my cistern, despite being cabled. I have no idea whether any old cabled flush will fit my set up, or only very specific ones.

Cable operated lever flush. Replace lever with your choice? Not sure if compatible with your flush valve though. Perhaps replace the flush valve as well ?

https://www.replacementbathroom.co.uk/cable-operated-dual-flush-outlet-valve---lever-operated-22631-p.asp

Edit.. Actually the handle on that looks a bit non standard.

Edited by Temp

I think you will need to look at cable operated lever flushes to see if you can change the handle to one the right colour. 

2 hours ago, Tony K said:

cistern has a cable and push button

I think* that yellow tube is just that, a hollow tube for an air pressure activation. Maybe it could be extended and still work?????

* on the basis that it looks like that and mine doesn't work as well as the mechanical ones.