Exterior painting at height/ chimneys

Dee

Hi

Have to get external masonry painted. I don't do heights as apexes and chimneys vv high, quotes for scaff are prohibitive ontop of actual labour costs!

I need 3 separate towers/3 chimneys. Roof ladders too unstable and dangerous. Cherry picker can't get to back of chimneys.

Any other options??

20240216_144232.jpg

Spider platform, low ground weight, usually crawler tracks, stabiliser legs and good outreach, fly jib and cage rotate can get you most places, failing that a bigger spider platform or crane with a man basket hanging on the hook to get up and over most things, or get someone in who is used to working on roof ladders for the really awkward bits.

markc....do you need training or a certificate/licence for the smaller spider lift? Can Jo public hire one? I've driven a digger before and put up tower scaff from a hire company. 

1 minute ago, Dee said:

markc....do you need training or a certificate/licence for the smaller spider lift? Can Jo public hire one? I've driven a digger before and put up tower scaff from a hire company. 

Hi, to use one yourself you don’t need anything, the hirer should give you a hand over (familiarisation) and you are on your way, platforms upto 25m working height can be on a trailer and towed by a 4x4. A lot of spiders are owned/operated by small organisations or one man bands are they a generally very helpful. 

• Thanks 1