Gas leak?

Dee

Hi

Had a new baxi boiler installed 3 months ago by local respected installer. Since then nearly everyone who has come to the house say they smell gas.

Installer has Been back with a detector but can't find any obvious leak.....what should I do now?

Ah, flue gases might be it. Although it's in the identical position to the original? 

The smell is stronger under the boiler.

If I call the gas board would that be an emergency call out/ Charge?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

Ordered a new range cooker as I thought it was leaking the gas. Guys arrived to deliver and install but discovered leak when they went to the meter and spotted a 7mb drop.

Anyhoo, they left, Cadent did a check and identified the leaking joint on the new boiler pipe work.

Boiler installer arrived within the hour and found a joint was leaking elsewhere on the boiler, replaced it and now all ok.

Should I seek compensation from boiler guy as it might explain my stupidly high gas bills? Would I be unreasonable to approach him ? Don't know what to do. They are a good company. 

I don't know how you could put in a claim for an exact amount. If they are a good company maybe a polite email or call asking what they thought about some compensation as after all it was their incompetence that meant you had a leak....they must have never tested it properly in the first place...or the second place. Actually...they don't at all sound like a good company!

• Sad 1