Blocked Gutters

Neighbours gutters on the garage were constantly overflowing onto her patio - she’s 85 and needs a walker to get about - not much chance of her getting up a ladder to clear out the gutters so as it stopped raining I thought I’d get it done for her……

Whole length was full of moss/leaves and general detritus

Took off the end caps and stuffed a car cleaning sponge down the downpipe and washed them all out into a couple of 35 litre builders buckets

Extracted the sponge and the downpipe was blocked up as well so off that came and rodded out a 2 feet of muck but it wasn't all leaves and moss

Washed it down and found what was blocking it up

Ratty.thumb.jpg.a6ac892c67a23e9f4ed9f51bca289a87.jpg

I’ve heard the expression “raining cats and dogs” but never heard “raining rats!!!!”

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Blooda said:

I am now scarred for the rest of the day..

To balance out that photo....

Good Neighbours - VODA

Hope you got a cup of tea and a digestive.

Neither - but I do get to borrow a bit of the garage occasionally (when I need to have a sort out) as well as have use of the driveway as she no longer has a car (just a mobility scooter lives in the garage) and she likes to see a car on the drive as it looks like someone is home.

Husband passed away 3 years ago from Parkinsons/dementia but up to about 5 years ago they were best neighbours you could wish for - looked after our cats and the house whenever we were away and so this sort of activity is just paying back for previous good deeds.

If it's icy I salt the driveway and paths

I put the wheelie bins out on the days they are collected and bring them back in

Cut the front grass when it needs cutting

Still a good neighbour just not as mobile these days :D

• Like 1