Blower stopped working

I have a Clearwater sewage treatment plant with blower, I just discovered yesterday that the blower has stopped working, it hasn’t tripped the power supply so what could be wrong?

I’m waiting on one of hubbys workmates to come at the weekend and open the blower case but he admits he knows nothing about them, just can’t open it myself as the last time hubby opened it before he took ill there were mice inside it and that’s a no no to me! 

Is it making any noise? (Motor running) if not then I would guess electrical. If it’s making a noise but not pumping the diaphram is probably split and usually failrly easy to replace (and cheaper than a motor).

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Is it making any noise? (Motor running) if not then I would guess electrical. If it’s making a noise but not pumping the diaphram is probably split and usually failrly easy to replace (and cheaper than a motor).

No theres no noise at all which is why I realised that it had stopped working. Who would I be looking at to fix it??

Just someone with a multimeter to test electricity is getting to the motor (and does not mind mice 🤣) with mine the plug for the motor had a fuse and that may be simply blown. If there is a three pin socket in the box (like mine) then plug something else into it to see if power is getting to the socket.

6 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Just someone with a multimeter to test electricity is getting to the motor (and does not mind mice 🤣) with mine the plug for the motor had a fuse and that may be simply blown. If there is a three pin socket in the box (like mine) then plug something else into it to see if power is getting to the socket.

Ok I’m sure his workmate will be able to do that 🤞

17 hours ago, recoveringbuilder said:

I just discovered yesterday that the blower has stopped working

I had a Secoh air pump in my plant and when a diaphragm split it would disconnect the power and so turn the pump off. I soon learnt to change the diaphragms every few years so I didn't have any nasty surprises in the middle of winter. Maintenance kits are easy to come by.

• Like 1