Bricks or dense block at this point?

22 hours ago, Post and beam said:

My TF company have had Section drawings provided that show face bricks below the DPM. Is this necessary and/or cost efficient? Can the skin be Dense block below DPM?

The founds are not that deep. Don't forget that the top of a found tends not to be quite as flat as you may hope for.

You could maybe get one course of block on the top of the found but I would wait a bit until you see the found cast and check the levels, especially if you have any steps in the found.

One way is to use concrete comon brick to level the coursing before you use the more expensive facing brick.

If you don't use all the concrete commons they are very handy thing to have lying about anyway.

21 hours ago, ETC said:

No stepped DPC above the telescopic vents?

Good spot @ETC

I'm guessing so correct me if wrong.

Away from the cranked vent you normally run the timber frame (TF) vapour barrier (not shown on your detail as it at a larger scale) down past the timber so any condensation runs down into the cavity and into the ground. But the cranked vent partially blocks the cavity. Also when the brickies work they inevitably drop some mortar down the cavity which lands on top of the cranked vent and bridges it. This could lead to the bottom rail of the TF and sole plate being exposed to damp locally.

To solve this where you have cranked vent you introduce a bit of DPC which acts like a cavity tray. The vertical leg of the DPC goes up and behind the vapour barrier, the horizontal leg goes over the cranked solum vent so any water coming down the cavity gets directed away from the timber.