‘Marmoleum’ Lino with UFH

Has anyone used Forbo Marmoleum natural lino as the finished surface on an insulated slab with wet UFH?

I’m hoping to be able to use it in our new extension: slab, 150mm PIR and 50mm screed with UFH. 

Marmoleum documentation states that it’s compatible with UFH but should not exceed temperatures of 27degC”…

• 4 weeks later...

I am asking same questions  as we aprogressing well and ashould floor covering ina month or two --??

looking at vynl flooring through most of my very large house 

this was usggested by flooring company  ,but to use the stick down flexible type ,not the click type 

theier reasioning was that with long runs the click type might not be as good ,but as previously sated say there is a max 27c  floor temp with  UFH

can anybody elaborate on these problems if indeed they are problems 

yes the ASHP will probavly put out 30-32 c -- but thats at source -- what is normal temp of floor  most of you are seeing  when working hard

my guess is it is alot lower

but maybe i,m wrong 

the sales person recounted a story of a house left empty ,presume in winter and when they came back from holidays wacked up the heating to full and it caused some lifting of stuck down tiles 

I do not know if this was heat pump or a gas fired bioler suppllying UFH

I am guessing it was a gas fired UFH system --so temp in pipes could be a lot hotter than an ASHP

I look forward to many replies and your views.

maybe some of you have data on output temp of ASHP and actual temp in floor slab?

i cetainly will never let slab go cold any time   as with my current retro woood floor UFH system Ileave on nearly all year round and let stats do thier job

Edited by scottishjohn

The UFH temp is controlled by a blending valve on the manifold not the output from the ASHP and yes a lower temp. Mine was set to 25’. I prefer stuck down flooring and hate hollow sounding click lock.

Edited by joe90

8 minutes ago, joe90 said:

The UFH temp is controlled by a blending valve on the manifold not the output from the ASHP and yes a lower temp. Mine was set to 25’. I prefer stuck down flooring and hate hollow sounding click lock.

ok so go measure what actual temp floor is if ashp is set to 25c --if you don,t mind --obviously when its running on a cold day --some coming very soon.LOL

23 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

ok so go measure what actual temp floor is if ashp is set to 25c --if you don,t mind --obviously when its running on a cold day --some coming very soon.LOL

Ah, sorry mate I can’t, I have (had) to move since I finished my build 🥲. The ASHP was set to 48’ for floor buffer and DHW and the manifold set to 25’.  All I can say is the floor (tiles or wood) never felt warm but never felt cold and kept the house at a steady 20 -21’.

Edited by joe90