wiring in 6kW electric boiler

Tom

2 hours ago, Mattg4321 said:

Yes you can do that and the pump will run continuously 

Cheers mate, took the plung and did just that. Got the Grundfos pump set at "Constant Pressure 3 - Max". Sounded like a jacuzzi in there for a long time but now settled down, think the auto air vent has done it's thing.

Still only 1-1.5L/hr in each of the 11 loops though. Should it be more than that?

Boiler set at 50deg, mixer vallve set at 35deg, temp in top manifold hovering around 20-25deg and return about 15deg

A litre of water has a SHC of 0.0012 kWh for each elevated ⁰C.

If your mean temperature difference is 7.5⁰C, and your flow rate is 1.5 litres/hour.

Your power delivery, per loop is around 13W.

1.5 litre/hour seems quite low to me. Or should it be per minute.

Changing to minutes would make your power delivery 60 times larger, about 780 W.

Edited by SteamyTea

10 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

1.5 litre/hour seems quite low to me. Or should it be per minute.

Changing to minutes would make your power delivery 60 times larger, about 780 W.

Ah yes, litre/min was what I meant. Think you'd get more heat transfer by convection at 1.5litre/hr

On 25/12/2023 at 08:27, Tom said:

Thanks @Temp, is it just a matter of putting a 13A plug on the pump wires and plugging in? Happy Christmas by the way!

Sorry I've been away from the forum. 13A fuse will work but is too high. I think most heating pumps are <250W so a 3A fuse should be plenty.

2 hours ago, Temp said:

Sorry I've been away from the forum. 13A fuse will work but is too high. I think most heating pumps are <250W so a 3A fuse should be plenty.

Roger that, thanks mate. Will swap out for a lower rated fuse.