Loxone iPad Wall Mount Back Box

greetings. I'm struggling to find the suggested back box for a Loxone iPad wall mount. 

image.thumb.png.0ac4d22bb97a0bb67c79bf75597c017a.png

anyone used one/found one? my alternative is to not bother with a back box and just use plasterboard plugs and screw the mount directly to the plasterboard.

what did others do?

Slightly different approach for me. I hung a touchscreen on its Vesa mount, in a recess and powered it with a Windows NUC behind the flush door below the Touch tree "switches"

I use it a lot less than expected, as Loxone runs itself, so the screen is usually showing CCTV or being used to cast music etc.

image.thumb.png.f3d06a05943adf23aebfe377a6041e4a.png

Edited by IanR
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, IanR said:

Slightly different approach for me. I hung a touchscreen on its Vesa mount, in a recess and powered it with a Windows NUC behind the flush door below the Touch tree "switches"

I use it a lot less than expected, as Loxone runs itself, so the screen is usually showing CCTV or being used to cast music etc.

image.thumb.png.f3d06a05943adf23aebfe377a6041e4a.png

very nicely done! I bet that touch screen is a lot cheaper than an iPad too! 🤣

Interesting you barely use it. I planned for one then canned the idea for exactly that reason. I couldn’t really see the benefit of a dedicated screen taking up wall real estate that I figured I’d barely use. I’ll have a touch screen in the plant room instead. 

What I really wanted to do was fit a recessed wall of screens here that could display whatever beautiful scene we wanted or even camera views of the outside. But vetoed in place of a fancy tile. Women eh! 😂 

image.thumb.jpg.09743323640fbd91a88bae7b1f27a4a7.jpg

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Interesting you barely use it. I planned for one then canned the idea for exactly that reason. I couldn’t really see the benefit of a dedicated screen taking up wall real estate that I figured I’d barely use. 

For us there's an ideal location between kitchen and family room area that wouldn't be used for anything else, and it does get used for other things it's just the Loxone use is less than I expected. It's handy to have several Apps running on it constantly so it's quick to switch between CCTV, Loxone, YouTube Music, VoIP phone account for checking voicemails, a household Google Calendar (with everyone's individual schedules in one place), shopping list, Google Keep  etc. etc.

I did think I'd end up running it on Android, but Windows has proved to be flexible enough to cover everything we want.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IanR said:

For us there's an ideal location between kitchen and family room area that wouldn't be used for anything else, and it does get used for other things it's just the Loxone use is less than I expected. It's handy to have several Apps running on it constantly so it's quick to switch between CCTV, Loxone, YouTube Music, VoIP phone account for checking voicemails, a household Google Calendar (with everyone's individual schedules in one place), shopping list, Google Keep  etc. etc.

I did think I'd end up running it on Android, but Windows has proved to be flexible enough to cover everything we want.

definitely given me food for thought as to what i actually want the iPad to do as it seems it can do a whole lot more than just Loxone.

• Like 1

We had a similar setup in the previous house with an all in one PC I won in a raffle. I was the only one that used it everyone else just used their phones. I have buried power and an ethernet cable in a wall to the right of that wall above in case I change my mind and add something like you have back in. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...