Materials for plastering

Canski

One for @nod I think but any help is appreciated.

I have received a labour only quote for plastering off a contractor who has come with superb recommendations. This is fine by me but to compare like for like with other quotes I need to know what I need to buy. I could ask the plasterer but when there is another expert around ....

I have the quantities for m2 of boarding for walls ceilings and bathrooms but how much finish do I need per m2 and how much adhesive per m2 of board ?

Thanks guys

my plasterer was labour only. I bought materials as and when required. I bought a load at the beginning and when that started to get low he told me how much more to buy and my local BM could deliver within a couple of days at the most so it worked well and we didn't have to have all the materials on site in one go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canski said:

One for @nod I think but any help is appreciated.

I have received a labour only quote for plastering off a contractor who has come with superb recommendations. This is fine by me but to compare like for like with other quotes I need to know what I need to buy. I could ask the plasterer but when there is another expert around ....

I have the quantities for m2 of boarding for walls ceilings and bathrooms but how much finish do I need per m2 and how much adhesive per m2 of board ?

Thanks guys

If you work on  7 boards per bag 20m2 You won’t be far off 

Most decent plasters will do at least 3x30m2 each day 

• Like 1