Help need with how to roof my office

yacobwood

I am currently designing my garden office but due to the weird shape of the back following my garden border, im having difficulty figuring out the roof. The building will be 2.5m high due to UK planning restrictions so a flat roof is needed. From front to back I have a drop of 197mm.

image.thumb.png.4df714d9aeab17a951483d0e62cca99c.png

As far as I know, due to the two sides having a different slope, I will need a change of roof angle at some point. 

image.thumb.png.54b9d822341c321e8c88905bfe8f5c35.png

The difficulty im having is designing the roof ridge and rafter and how/where to connect them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sketchup model for anyone wating a closer look....https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BFrgfc2J_oMTAQqMfvo_LYdFgN0Gkck/view?usp=drive_link

That’s not a dissimilar shape to the garage I’m building, height restricted in the same way you are as we are using permitted development rights. 

We’ve used EPDM, 8m x 8m with a big triangle to cut off due to the shape of the garage. (It is a long way from being finished though). 

Our roof pitch is very shallow and single pitch. Why have you gone for different slopes across the roof?

Having different slopes complicates it, why not have the same slope as the short side and the back wall will slope slightly down to the pointy corner. If not, what’s your decking material.? If you want different slopes as per your drawing then a 15mm ply sheet fixed to rafters will twist enough to cope with the different angles then felt/GRP/EPDM.

Edited by joe90

53 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Having different slopes complicates it, why not have the same slope as the short side and the back wall will slope slightly down to the pointy corner. If not, what’s your decking material.? If you want different slopes as per your drawing then a 15mm ply sheet fixed to rafters will twist enough to cope with the different angles then felt/GRP/EPDM.

Somthing like this?

image.thumb.png.40a0b77208b692f28ade1b16177df71a.png

Yes, that end wall (opposite doors) will be shorter in height at the point than where it joins the side to the right to maintain an equal slope over the whole roof (shame I can’t do CAD 🤷‍♂️)

Edited by joe90
  • Like 1