Heatmiser NeoAir V3 with UFH - Confused!

MartinGT

Hi all

We have had UFH installed in our new extension.  After a few weeks of upping the temp and the manifold we still confused by the thermostat and it's workings.  I have read the manual about 20 times, looked online and still confused.  It's one room and not massive.  Its approx 30m².  So we have it on one zone.

We haven't changed anything from the factory settings (apart from the date & time) and have set the comfort levels for through the week and then the weekend.

All of that seems very straight forward.  However, it doesn't come on when I would expect it to.  E.g.  On a weekend we have the following settings;

Wake - 06:30 - 20°

Leave - 10:00 - 17°
Return - 15:00 - 20°

Sleep - 20:00 - 16.5°

So what I am reading in the manual (with factory settings) at 06:30 on Saturday morning it should wake up if below 19 degrees.  If it hits 20 before 10:00 it will turn off.  If not it turns off at 10am anyways if its 16 degrees?  If not it aims to get to 16 before it turns off?  At 15:00 if its less than 19 it comes on etc. as the morning cycle.  Sunday it should do the same? 

So Sunday morning I should see it on and feel it on if it 17 degrees?  As this morning I went in the room its in and it was 15ish degrees and it wasn't on.  

I don't have the hub so don't have the information on my phone, it's all done through the thermostat.  I don't know if it's worth getting the hub?  It's only one room.

The signal from the stat might not be reaching the receiver (assuming wireless?) Manually boost (press up arrow to a few degrees above the ambient), go to the boiler and see if it fires up. I find the signal range pathetic and the general performance of the NeoAirs to be terrible and generally unreliable. Don't spend more money on them.

• Like 1

Very weird that this thread should pop up now.

I'm having terrible trouble with one of my three Neostat v2's (connected to the old style wiring centre WITHOUT reset buttons) and a Neohub Gen 2.

It ran out of batteries and since replacing them the temperature is wrong and it refuses to run correctly (kicks in and then turns off seemingly randomly). This is winter three with the Neostats and winter two with the hub. All worked perfectly last year. As it stands I've been unable to work out how to reset the connection to the wiring centre and/or the hub.

Will be following this thread with interest

Regards

Tet

Are you sure it is not set to holiday mode? If it thinks you are away it would not come on.

If not and room temp is below set temp for the time period then you should either see a flame icon, or a frost icon (snow flake in a house), toggle between these two with the tick

>>> I'm having terrible trouble with one of my three Neostat v2's (connected to the old style wiring centre WITHOUT reset buttons) and a Neohub Gen 2.

I might just restart the wiring centre (probably a mains switch) then the hub (remove the power lead) and then remove and reinsert the battery to the stat.

I once had a problem where the hub got its time confused - something to do with my internet vanishing for a bit I think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alan Ambrose said:

>>> I'm having terrible trouble with one of my three Neostat v2's (connected to the old style wiring centre WITHOUT reset buttons) and a Neohub Gen 2.

I might just restart the wiring centre (probably a mains switch) then the hub (remove the power lead) and then remove and reinsert the battery to the stat.

I once had a problem where the hub got its time confused - something to do with my internet vanishing for a bit I think.

That's really interesting. We lost our internet for a couple of hours last week whilst they changed a telephone pole.....I'll try all that

TIA

Tet

PS Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread

Edited by Tetrarch