Have Building Control Confirmed I Have Now Started My House Build?

PXR5

Lots of people confuse planning consent and building regs.  Not surprising as they are both to do with building works and are normally dealt with by the council.

At least they have confirmed that they won't take action as you have ceased works.

On 26/11/2023 at 23:05, PXR5 said:

I had actually started work on building a retaining wall & whilst doing so I had a phone call from the Building Control telling me I don't have PP until I have all the paper work in hand.

Us lot? The subject line and your opening post is where it all went wrong.

The fact is you have chosen to start works prior to the Planning application being determined. You have been served enforcement action as a result of this. You have no option but to wait and work with your Local Planning Authority, in particular Planning Enforcement which is a part of “Planning” and not Building Control. On the basis Planning is granted, you can then re-commence the works.

You then submit a Building Regulation application to Building Control for those works that are notifiable.

End of.

Hi @PXR5

You are of course free to leave the forum if you wish, but maybe once things calm down a little you’ll reconsider.

People can be a bit pedantic but tbf sometimes posts are also a bit confusing. It’s always best not to take anything said on the internet or forums too personally.

I think you’d find the forum useful if you are able to take the rough with the smooth.

I’ve locked the thread for the moment.

• Like 4

• AliG locked this topic