Cable run for electric radiator in bathroom

Dee

Hi

I'm building a new bathroom. Had heating pipes put in but now decided to go electric.

Waiting for my electrician to run the wire is holding me up on fixing floor down and plasterboarding ect ( I'm doing this myself)

So, what cable must I use so I can run the cable in the stud wall?

Where would I 'start' the cable for electrician to connect into mains? There are cables running above in the attic and below in the floor void ( I won't be touching any electrics! ) My late husband rewired the house so I have rolls and rolls of cable!

Any advice much appreciated.

Ask the electrician?

Generally 2.5mm2 twin and earth back to the consumer unit would be a good bet. Electrician might not want to sign off though if he hasn’t seen the run and that it’s installed correctly. Take photos and make sure the run complies with things like safe zones. 

• Thanks 1

Ooh....the fuse board is so far away at the other end of the house, not sure which route I could even take it without tearing carpets up!

Can it connect into a ring main above in the attic? I'm not touching anything live or terminals, literally just running a cable to save him the labour. Thanks

35 minutes ago, Dee said:

Ooh....the fuse board is so far away at the other end of the house, not sure which route I could even take it without tearing carpets up!

Can it connect into a ring main above in the attic? I'm not touching anything live or terminals, literally just running a cable to save him the labour. Thanks

Without knowing the rating of the heater and the condition of the existing circuit, it’s impossible to say unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

Mostly the heaters are less than 400W.  You need a switched spur which you can normally take from a ring main.  Locate the spur outside the bathroom feeding a flex outlet in the bathroom.  Ask your sparky to confirm it is OK before you do the floor / plasterboard.

• Thanks 1